Hydraulic cylinders are a critical component of hydraulic systems and are used throughout nearly all industries. Available in many design configurations, this equipment is comprised of many parts and requires expertise to be repaired quickly and correctly. M&M Hydraulic Company provides hydraulic cylinder repair services for equipment of virtually all types and sizes. Our hydraulic services include diagnostics, testing, tear down and assembly, hydraulic cylinder rebuild, machining service for barrels, chrome rods, heads, pistons and more.
Types of Hydraulic Cylinders We Repair
M&M Hydraulic Company repairs all types of hydraulic components. Our expert technicians provide comprehensive solutions for hydraulic cylinders that include:
- Single-acting. Single-acting hydraulic cylinders feature one connection port where hydraulic fluid enters, forcing the plunger outwards. The plunger is retracted either by a spring or by gravity. These cylinders require just one hose and, while the springs wear out over time, they are fairly easy to maintain.
- Double-acting. These cylinders use two ports, one at either end of the cylinder. In one port, hydraulic fluid enters the cylinder and extends the plunger, and the second port retracts the cylinder. This type of hydraulic cylinder requires 4-way valve pumps and multiple hoses.
- Tie-rod. Featuring four rods that connect to the ends of a double-acting cylinder, this equipment provides power in both push and pull directions. Tie-rod hydraulic cylinders feature clevis mounts on either end and use seals that occasionally need replacing.
- Welded rod. Typically more complex than other hydraulic cylinders, welded rod cylinders are customizable and compact. They are designed with end caps welded to the barrel and use static seals on the head or gland.
- Mill duty. Designed for the most demanding environments, mill-type hydraulic cylinders feature welded flanges on the ends of cylinder barrels, with the end caps secured by bolts. Mill duty cylinders are constructed from heavy-wall tubing, with barrel walls thick enough to thread end cap bolts directly into them.
Our Hydraulic Cylinder Repair and Rebuild Process
We understand how critical properly functioning hydraulic systems are, which is why we handle the repair and rebuild process efficiently and correctly.
Whatever type or size of hydraulic cylinder you have, our technicians will disassemble it, inspect it, and diagnose the problem. Next, we replace or repair the failed component and rebuild your equipment. We rebuild hydraulic pumps, motors, and valves and also provide hydraulic cylinder testing to 9000 psi.
M&M Hydraulic Company provides prototyping services as well as new system engineering and existing system updating. Your equipment is handled safely with our five-ton overhead crane. Our hydraulic services also include:
- Fabricating, welding, and general machining
- Custom made hydraulic hoses and tubing
- Custom-built hydraulic power units
- Honing hydraulic cylinders up to 21 in. bore and 16 feet stroke
- Machining services for barrels, chrome rods, heads, pistons, and more
Comprehensive Solutions From M&M Hydraulic Company
Hydraulic cylinders are a critical component of equipment used throughout many industries. Available in many types and designs, this equipment requires the knowledge and skill of an expert to properly diagnose, repair, and rebuild. At M&M Hydraulic Company, we have over 45 years of experience delivering high-quality hydraulic system repairs. All of our rebuilt cylinders come with a 6-month warranty that covers any defects in material or workmanship.
Whatever the scope of your project, we are equipped to deliver solutions that meet your exact specifications. Learn more about our hydraulic cylinder repair services by contacting us today.