Pay: $52,000 – $72,800 a year
Job Type: Full-time
Shift and Schedule:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Full job description
M&M Hydraulic Company is a well-established hydraulic sales and repair company serving the area for more than 45 years. We are known for our high-quality components and workmanship. To our customers, we offer a variety of repair solutions for all types of hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical systems.
Position and responsibilities:
We are a fast-paced company looking for a Hydraulic Technician / Mechanic, who can effectively and independently manage multiple tasks. The primary responsibilities of this position are to service and repair various Hydraulic and Pneumatic component’s cylinders, pumps, motors, and valves. This includes tear down inspection and identification of parts to be replaced or repaired to bring component back to manufacturer and/or M&M specifications. Additionally, responsibilities include:
- Diagnose problems and give repair recommendations.
- Inspect parts and various components to determine if they are within specifications.
- Assemble and test components according to manufacturer and/or M&M specifications.
- Test repaired units using manufacturer test specifications.
- Make necessary adjustments to repaired units.
- Use precision measuring devices such as calipers, micrometers, bore indicators, and dial indicators.
- Ability to operate lathes, milling machines, drill presses, hydraulic presses, hone machines, and similar equipment is a Plus.
- Write clear and precise repair instructions that will be used by machinist and other technicians.
- Basic computer skill proficiency.
- Adhere to all relevant health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Technician must furnish all standard or common hand tools, company has all large or specialty tools and equipment.
The qualified individual will have the following skills and experience:
- 3 plus years of experience in fluid power service and repair; including hydraulic and pneumatic tear downs, assembly, and testing.
- Minimum 2-year Fluid Power Associates Degree or high school diploma/G.E.D. with formal training in related field, or a suitable combination of related training and work experience
- Knowledge of welding processes, mechanical systems, and electric systems is a Plus
- Proficient understanding of working with associated shop tools and hand tools
- Ability to read hydraulic schematics a Plus.
- Able to stand 95 to 100% of the workday.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. (shop has two overhead cranes)
- Valid driver’s license.
Compensation and Benefits: $25.00 to $35.00 /hour
- Actual compensation to be determined upon a job offer being extended and based on individual skill and experience level.
- Company provided uniforms.
- Vacation Paid time off (2 weeks first year)
- PTO (Personal Time Off) 32 hours / year
- Health Insurance and HAS.)
- 401k Retirement benefits. (Including company match 4%)
- Dental Insurance.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Saint Paul, MN 55113: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Diesel engine repair: 1 year (Preferred)
- Mechanical knowledge: 3 years (Required)