Pneumatic cylinders use force created by compressed air or gas to create linear motion. While they cannot lift extremely heavy loads, pneumatic cylinders are ideal for use in light to moderate industrial operations. Unlike hydraulic cylinders, pneumatic cylinders do not use oil or hydraulic fluid, which significantly reduces the potential for leaks. This makes pneumatic cylinders the actuator of choice for sensitive operations such as food and beverage processing, pharmaceuticals, chemical processing, and more.
For over 45 years, M&M Hydraulic Company has been the leading provider of hydraulic and pneumatic cylinder parts and services for customers throughout Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, North Dakota, and South Dakota. We specialize in the repair and replacement of pneumatic cylinders, valves, seals, and other critical components.
Types of Pneumatic Cylinders We Repair
M&M Hydraulic offers repair services for a wide range of cylinder designs, including:
- Rotary Cylinder: The pistons in rotary cylinders create force by rotating the piston within the cylinder, rather than moving linearly.
- Mill Duty Cylinder: Designed for heavy-duty use, mill-duty hydraulic cylinders feature welded flanges and bolted end caps on either end of the barrel for enhanced pressure control.
- Double-Action Cylinder: Double-action cylinders use air to move the piston forward and backward within the barrel, allowing it to reset automatically without applying more gas.
- Single-Action Piston Cylinder: Instead of using gas to reset like double-action cylinders, single-action pneumatic cylinders incorporate a spring that pulls the piston back to the starting position after use.
Our Pneumatic Cylinder Repair Services
The experts at M&M understand that every part of your pneumatic system works together. To ensure that your pneumatic cylinder operates safely and efficiently, we track every problem to its source. Our comprehensive selection of cylinder repair services includes:
- Piston and Rod Seals: We inspect piston and rod seals for distortion, wear, and erosion. We replace any faulty seals and work to identify the source of the issue to prevent future problems.
- Chrome Rod and Replacement: We check for rod distortion and surface irregularities. We replace crooked rods and oil any rods with minor surface flaws.
- Cylinder Head Replacement and Repair: We inspect cylinder heads for wear, especially if the associated rods are distorted. If the head is damaged, we will repair or replace it.
- Barrel Repair or Replacement: After a condition analysis of your piston barrels, we repair any damage or wear or replace the barrel or whole piston, as necessary.
- Piston Testing, Repair, and Replacement: We will look for scoring or other damage that indicates unusual wear or malfunction. If we suspect that piston operation is compromised, we will load test the piston and repair or replace any faulty components.
- Pneumatic Cylinder Cleaning and Treatment: While your cylinder is disassembled for maintenance and repairs, we thoroughly clean each component, replace the seals, and apply lubricant before reinstallation.
Partner With M&M For All Your Cylinder Repair Needs
At M&M Hydraulic Company, we pride ourselves on providing superior maintenance, repair, and replacement services for hydraulic and pneumatic components throughout Minnesota and beyond. Our seasoned team of hydraulic and pneumatic experts has the knowledge and capability to handle even the most complex cylinder repairs.
Contact us today to learn more about our hydraulic and pneumatic products and services.